SGML publishing systems often must include information stored and managed in corporate databases or MIS applications. Currently, documentation managers and authors must manually extract this information from the database and add the required SGML markup tags. As content changes over time, document authors are faced with time-consuming manual updates. Agave SQmlTM-Publisher automates this entire process, allowing you to quickly develop and implement what would otherwise be complex data publishing and reporting solution that provides direct access to SQL data from within SGML or XML documents. Using SQmlTM-Publisher, SQL queries can be included in any SGML or XML source document. When parsed, this document produces SGML or XML destination documents with merged, formatted data returned by the SQL query. SQmlTM-Publisher adheres to all SGML specifications and may be used with your existing DTD's, or some we provide. Since SQmlTM-Publisher makes it simple to format SQL database information or other source specified items, including flat files or content referenced from the Internet, it offers a powerful, robust solution to any SGML publishing project.
Use SQmlTM-Publisher to cut costs and organize workflow
- Keeps your documents as up-to-date as your database by dynamically generating a new document with up-to-date information each time it is generated.
- Offers anyone familiar with SGML a complete ready-to-use system that they can use to publish database content in just minutes.
- Increases productivity by eliminating the need for specialized programming knowledge, allowing document managers and authors to update information using any SGML editor.
- Eliminates the need to modify database structures and interfaces by providing direct access to Oracle, Informix, Sybase, Access and other database tables in your existing legacy system.
- Optimizes bandwidth and improves network connectivity by sustaining multiple database connections across multiple tables and databases, including external databases.
- Facilitates the creation of complex documents by allowing authors to nest SQL queries, specify query conditions within the document, or pass query conditions at run time.
- Increases productivity by providing authors with an easy way to regenerate SGML documents from templates
Features designed for information professionals:
- Platform Independence - HPUX 10.X, Solaris 2.X, WindowsNT, Windows95.
- Uses standard SGML elements that facilitate inclusion of SQL queries in any standard SGML or XML source document.
- Can be edited using off-the-shelf SGML or XML document editors.
- Allows authors to easily remove SQmlTM elements from the target document to hide proprietary information.
- A simple, single-step query process eliminates the need for costly and inefficient multi-step methods, such as data translation, custom programs, or database porting.
- Allows relational data to be easily mapped into the hierarchical database format used by SGML.
- Powerful nested query capabilities eliminate the need for authors to know the size or number of records being returned by a database query.
Want to know more? Our get more tecnhnical will provide you with more detailed information, such as: What is SQML? What are SQL databases? How do the two work together?
If you would like more information on the SGML authoring environment, contact ISOGEN International Corp. in Dallas at 214/953-0004. ISOGEN sells, integrates, and supports Agave's SQml products.